Friday, April 28, 2006

Enjoying Our Morning

What a sweet boy Aidan is! This morning he woke up a little grumpy (as usual), so we got right up and started breakfast. Organic, whole grain, blueberry pop tarts. Nana says he loves them but he was not as interested this morning. After quite a while of sitting in his highchair watching his food I asked if he was done and he shook his head no. Then, suddenly, he began to eat! He ate quite a bit but still not as much as the waffles he ate yesterday.

As we were changing his diaper he kept asking for a ball. Then I realized that he was reaching for a small jar of play-doh on his shelf. He thinks play-doh is the same as a ball because Jason has taught him that you can roll it up in a ball. It reminds me of the time that Joey Fischer taught one of Erica's nephews that rocks were called turtles. Aidan will forever associate play-doh and balls. Since balls are possibly his favorite things, he might also be attached to play-doh.

Our entire morning had a ball theme. The pjs he had on from last night had basketballs on them. He pointed at them repeatedly and said, "basketball." He can say it pretty clearly when he slows down and tries to say it. Then the shirt that I picked for him also had a basketball on it. That wasn't intentional, but worked out that way. Then on our way out to school he was trying to bring two balls along. I told him to leave them since there were balls in the car. He threw them down in anticipation of the football he knew he'd find in the car. When we got to school he again asked for a ball and I explained that there were balls inside. This child LOVES balls. I suppose all children must but I don't remember being so ball crazy.

One more cute story from our morning. Nana got Aidan a chicken dressed up like a bunny that plays the chicken dance song while scooting around the floor. Although Aidan is a little scared of it when it's scooting around, he loves to watch it from someone's arms. He's the best chicken dancer ever. Of course, he only does one or two steps (and not all that well) but he enjoys watching Mommy do the chicken dance! So this morning he asked me to play it and we did the chicken dance while I held him. After we were done he gave me a big hug. I'm so lucky to have time in the mornings to spend with him. We have so much fun!

No comments: