...when your baby wakes up dancin'! Yes, that's right. The alarm cd went on this morning and Aidan bolted up and started dancing. He's so cute when he dances-- he does something that looks like the Twist and he has this cheesy grin on his face as he does it. Just adorable!
We visited the pediatrician yesterday and confirmed ear infections in both ears. He seems to be feeling better on two doses of medicine, so he went to school this morning. When we got there he seemed to be pretty happy and ran over to his teacher to play. We had a good time together yesterday but I think I must have bored him. He needs more stimulation than I can provide.
Before the doctor's visit yesterday we played on the back porch. I cleaned while he tried to take all of my cleaning stuff away. First the broom and then the vacuum. He cries like he's scared of the vacuum but then it was clear to me that he just wanted to do it too. Later I was inside the house and looked out there to find him "vacuuming" alone.
After that we chalked all over the drive and sidewalk. He must do that at school because he seemed to know what to do and even called it "chalk." After the doctor's visit he fell asleep in the car but not for long. I guess his ears were really bothering him because he started coughing and woke up just 30 minutes after he fell asleep. Later he chalk drew on paper in the floor while I did laundry. At one point he started screaming and after examining his mouth, I saw that he had bitten off some chalk. It was in little bits in his mouth, I'm sure it was gritty. He was moving his teeth around as if he was eating sand. It was pretty funny to see. I guess he won't be eating chalk again!
He wanted to help with the laundry by putting clothes in the washer. I really didn't think he'd be able to get clothes into the top loading washer by himself, but he did! He'd rare back and throw as hard as he could! Of course, socks made it, Daddy's pants did not. We'd cheer for ourselves whenever one of us would make a basket! He's really into cheering for himself. He's clearly a born superstar!
At the end of our long day (Daddy was working very late), we were both exhausted! Especially Mommy-- I'm not cut out for being a single parent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment