Monday, April 02, 2007

Our Weekend Together

Aidan didn't want to go to school this morning. He said he wanted to go with his Mommy. Not that I blame him. I never liked going to school either (Yes, I realize that I've been in school forever). Because I passed my proposal defense on Friday and could afford a short breather, Aidan and I took the day off on Friday just to hang out.

First we went out with our friend for lunch. Aidan was very happy to see her new office and her glass elevator. He talked about her and her pets all the way home, although he hasn't even met her pets. He just figured she had some and asked about them, I guess. We also went to the doctor on Friday to get his asthma/allergies checked out. To end the day, we had friends over to celebrate the proposal defense. He really enjoyed playing out with Ruby and Emily.

Saturday and Sunday were fun days too. There's no happier child than when Aidan has both parents with him. If he could have his way, we'd all be together at every moment. It makes me sad for him when I think about how difficult this year will be for all of us with the frequent travel and the amount of work Jason and I will have. Let's just hope that at the end of 2007 we have a solid plan for our family's future.

No comments: