Monday, April 30, 2007

Summer Days

The update on the potty training is that Aidan seems to be only interested in being potty trained at school. He went the entire day on Friday in underwear and remained completely dry, using the potty every single time. We were so excited that Daddy offered to take him to Chuck E. Cheese (yes, I know, we really need to lay off that place but it's so cheap and he loves it so much). Soon after arriving, we had an accident. Then he went only once or twice a day in the potty the rest of the weekend. When we allowed him to choose to wear underwear on Saturday, he had an accident. I suppose this is just part of it.

Other than the potty battles, we've had a pretty good weekend. Sunday was the absolute best because we played outside the entire day. While Aidan was playing, I took out the water hose and started washing off the swing set. It had gotten muddy and had bird poop on it. When I turned around Aidan was pulling his clothes off down to his diaper. He wanted to play in the water. I squirted him and then went on about my cleaning. The next thing I knew he was butt naked and running around the backyard! We let him run around in the water for a little and then I started having fears of what could happen at school this summer when they pull out the water hoses. He already tries to strip down whenever they go to the potty. One mention of my premonition to Jason and he had him in the house getting a bathing suit (or "baby suit", as Aidan called it). He swam in his kiddie pool for a while and then went over and jumped into his sandbox. He had to take a bath before his afternoon nap!

We ate in the backyard for both lunch and dinner. Aidan insisted that we need a picnic table. I guess the card table and lawn chairs weren't sufficient. Our evening ended with chicken sausages and onions cooked on the grill. He loved the idea of both eating and cooking outside. This is really the first summer that Aidan can do his own thing in the backyard while we are doing other work. I think we'll get a lot of outside work done this year.

No comments: