Aidan has had such a great week! He's been doing great at drop-off at school every day. Then last night he didn't wake me up at all--- all night long! Jason says that he heard coughing a couple of times and I woke up several times too but Aidan never woke me. Twice I woke up, thought about the fact that I'd not heard from him, listened for his breathing, and then drifted off back to sleep. Next thing I knew the alarm was going off and I was well rested. When Jason came in fully dressed (he gets up earlier than we do) Aidan popped up out of bed to see him. He seemed to also be well rested. So maybe it's true what people say, that near 2 is when babies naturally start sleeping and weaning if you just let them do it on their own time. I'm glad we haven't made him "cry it out." On occasion he's had to cry when he was just having a particularly difficult time with sleep, but for the most part we've always comforted him through it. We've never been fond of the leaving him in his room in the dark, scared and lonely. That's just not our style.
Yesterday we had an extended lesson in taking turns and sharing. Aidan was playing with James from next door, James is only a few days younger than Aidan. They both wanted the football, so I had them take turns throwing the football through the basketball hoop. One would throw it, then I'd instruct them that it was the other one's turn and they'd hand it over. This went on for a long time. They never got to the point of automatically handing it over, but it was the first lesson. They were very cooperative.
Also yesterday Aidan was wearing a shirt with several different balls on it. He pointed at and named each of them for me, "Soccer, football, basketball." As I was cheering his efforts on I had to chuckle that while most kids are naming their colors or animals, mine knows his balls. I'm telling you, the child is destined to be an athlete. The other day we saw a picture of a guy dressed as a baseball player. No other cues that it was baseball except the uniform. Aidan pointed and said, "Baseball." I told Jason and he said that Aidan does the same thing with basketball players. They say a person will learn things that he judges most important. Aidan is a ball connoisseur. A very sweet one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment