Yesterday Aidan and Daddy had a great time at the aquarium. Jason said that they ran through the sharks and the big tanks but that there was considerable interest in the clown fish tank, which Jason referred to as the "Nemo Tank." They seemed to also enjoy watching the otters play together. For some reason the penguins were not very playful, so Aidan was not so interested in them either. I can't wait to take him to the zoo in a few weeks!
Aidan has had a little cough and snotty nose, chest congestion thing all weekend. He happened to be scheduled for a check-up this morning anyway, so Jason took him in. The doctor said the dreaded words: "ENT referral!" Yes, that's right. Aidan has to see the ear, nose, and throat doctor. The pediatrician claims that this does not mean tubes, but we can see the writing on the wall. I have some serious questions for that ENT doctor before they suggest tubes. We plan to exhaust all other measures first. Unfortunately, I know that if he wasn't in daycare we probably wouldn't have this problem at all. If it's not one thing, it's another!
As they were leaving the doctor I happened to be on my way to work, so I met them at Kroger where we picked up Aidan's medicine from the pharmacy. Aidan was chasing down all of the balloons. For some reason Daddy allowed him to bring a tennis ball inside the store, so he was throwing it around and chasing it all over. I don't really know why Jason would think that was reasonable, but whatever. I actually don't think throwing balls inside any building is a good idea but Jason clearly disagrees. I see this leading to bad consequences for us, although in the grand scheme of things it's not really such a big deal.
Last night before bed Aidan and I sat down to read. We couldn't find "Goodnight Moon," which is our usual bedtime book, so we read "Goodnight Gorilla." It's a cute story about a zoo keeper who goes around telling all of the animals goodnight, but he doesn't know that the gorilla has stolen his keys and frees all of the animals.
On each page where the zoo keeper tells an animal goodnight, Aidan would say, "Bye, bye." All of the animals follow the zoo keeper home and get into bed with him and his wife. The lights go out and the wife says, "Goodnight, dear," after which all of the animals say, "Goodnight." At that point you see her wide eyes in the darkness. Aidan's response was, "Uh, oh!"
Then the next pages are of the wife taking the animals back to their cages. She then goes back to the house not knowing that the gorilla and mouse follow her back and sneak into bed with them. It's so reminiscent of how kids sneak into bed with Mommy and Daddy. On the last page I said to him, "And then they crawled into bed with Mommy and Daddy," and Aidan smiled really big!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment